For centre For Student

For RBC centre

How and When to apply?
Enrollment is open all year. You may apply by downloading the application form and sending in all the supporting document and application fee.
Is there any interview or examination?
After we receive a complete application with all supporting document, the applicant will be contacted for interview. An English test may be required, details are lay out at the application form.
What level of English is required?
Most of the classes will be conducted in Cantonese while some in English. We have students from different parts of the world. We consider interaction among students and active participation in class discussion as very important aspects of learning. Therefore a certain working knowledge in English is required though homework and dissertation can be written in Chinese.  TOEFL© score with at least 6.0 or IETLS score with at least 6.5 is required for admission though this is waived for applicants who have obtained one of the following or equivalent
1) Grade C or above in English at HKCEE
2) Grade E or above in English at HKAL or
3) a degree from an accredited University where teaching medium is English.
How much will the program cost?
It’s a 40-credit program at HK$4,200 per credit and payment is to be made at the time of enrollment of each course. The 15 extra credits required for some DMin and DTL students are master level ones, and charged at a lower rate of HK$3,300 per 3-credit course.

Please click Program Cost Estimate for full details.
Is there any financial assistance?
Financial Assistance may be granted to students who are formally accepted and satisfy a means test. It will not exceed 50% of the tuition fees. Guideline and application form can be obtained from the Centre by calling 2148-5577 or emailing [email protected]
Is MDiv a pre-requisite for DMin?
In principle, yes but we do take individual circumstance into consideration, please refer to the answer of the next question for more details.
For those who have already taken MTS, MCS or MA, can they apply for DMin?
The curriculum of these master programs are usually quite different from that of MDiv, we will review the situation and recommend the students to take additional credits in various biblical theological or practical subjects before graduation if they choose to pursue DMin.
Can I apply for DMin right after I finish MDiv?
We do encourage DMin applicants to have accumulated at least 3 to 5 years of ministry experience after MDiv and the proof of such is required for the application.
For those who have already obtained MTS, MCS or MA, can they be exempted for the additional 15 credits required by DTL?
Yes, we will review the transcript and decide the extent of exemption.
Would conducting research be necessary for DMin and DTL?
We believe “city is our laboratory” and students learn from reflecting their first hand experience in the cities, conducting research is critical and would be taught at the course “Research Bridge” offered annually in Mid year.  All student are required to take this course during the first year of their program.
How to write the Dissertation/Final Project?
This will be explained thoroughly at the Research Bridge course mentioned in the last question. A handbook or step by step guide will also be available along with the appointment of Dissertation/Final Project Supervisor and Second Reader.
Is this a full time program?
This is not a full time program, we encourage our students to stay where they are, our classrooms are in the cities and the cities are our laboratory. However, we understand individual students may choose to study full time according to their own circumstance and season in life.
How long would it take to complete the program?
It varies but most students finish within 3 to 6 years, beyond which extension and approval by the Academic Affairs Committee will be required. Upon registration, the Program Director will agree on a study plan with the student and regular review will be conducted on the progress.

For student

1. How can I enroll in a course?
Fill out the course registration form and mail it out with the tuition fee.
2. How much is the tuition fee for a BBS student to take a course?
For doctoral level, it is $4,200 per credit hour, i.e. $16,800 for a four-credit course and $33,600 for an eight-credit course. For master’s level, it is $3,700 each course. For auditing a course, it is $1,900. (
3. I am not a Bethel student and have not taken any course in the seminary. Can I audit a course?
Yes, you can audit a course even if you are not a Bethel student. Please fill out the following two forms:
(1) Enrolment Form; and
(2) Application form for Non-Program Student.
Make sure you attach your photo on and provide your latest academic certificate with the second form. The audit fee is $1,900 and first time registration fee is $100. So the payment for this first time course enrolment is $2,000. Please send the two forms with payment to BBS Registry!
4. How many credit hours are UM9318/UM9328?
It is eight credit hours for a UM9318 or UM9328 course.
5. Am I eligible to apply into DMin/DTL program? How do I apply for DMin/DTL program?
Please find the program brochures here to check out for eligibility:
Doctoral Program
This is the application form with a checklist for application:
Application for Doctoral Program
6. How do I pay tuition and other fees?
7. Can I check my grade(s), the amount I owe and my other personal student matters?
Yes, you can log in to your student account and check the details.(
8. What is the course schedule for next term?
9. How do I access Intranet?
10. How can I come to the seminary?