“I was young and now I am old, yet I have never seen the righteous forsaken or their children begging bread. They are always generous and lend freely; their children will be a blessing.” Psalm 37:25-26
Vision & Mission
We want to see the righteous thrive, those who are generous and serve freely to be blessed and their ministries sustainable. In reality, ministry is hard and always challenging, we want to support those who serve faithfully in city transformation ministries with relief funding in the short term and sustainable development in the long term.
- Focus on the well-being and development of the people in ministry, we don’t allocate on project or program basis.
- Encourage the thoughtful allocation of resources to training and development that is consistent with the development of the ministry.
- Endeavor to provide funding on a timely basis.
Application Guideline & Approval Process
- Applicant must be a tax exempt charitable organization under Section 88 in Hong Kong, grounded in Christian faith.
- Simple online application with no or minimum paperwork plus 2 references who hold no official capacity in the applicant.
- Funding will mainly be used to pay salary and benefit, training and development of the staff from $52,000* to $100,000 per application,
- We will only review application that is duly completed and submitted. Applicants will be selected according to our vision, mission and value for interview either online or in person.
- Recommendation will be made after the interview for board approval.
- The funds will be made available within a week after approval.
- The award of funds will be subject to availability of funds and under the sole discretion of the foundation.
- The foundation has no obligation to explain any decision including decline.
.*symbolizing Five Loaves and Two Fishes
Initial funding of $1 million, first round launched on March 25, 2020. We share the heart and faith of the small boy who gave his 5 loaves and 2 fishes for the Lord to feed 5,000. We count on the contribution by individuals but not any corporation or institution. If you are interested to be part of this, pls contact us at 2148-5577 (What's app) or [email protected]
Founding Directors (Alphabetical order of last name)
Natalie Chan, Daniel Or, Ricky Szeto, William Yeung
Advisory Board (Alphabetical order of last name)
Chi Hing Kee, Yuk Tung Lau, Otto Lui, Andrew Ma
Administration and Operation
Ray Bakke Centre for Urban Transformation
[email protected] or 2148-5577 (What's app)
Apply Bakke Koinonia Foundation : https://forms.gle/4AvAYYYgs3HF7kht8
(You will be required to login to gmail in this link to fill in the application)