With rapid globalization and urbanization, the models for missions have also undergone very significant changes. The need to train and equip Christian leaders for Urban Ministry has also become more pressing than ever. Our Centre endeavors to develop and provide relevant programs to respond to such need of our times and cities. We are also committed to be a lifelong partner to support these leaders in various ways to develop and carry out city transformation projects.
Ray Bakke Centre for Urban Transformation (RBC) was established under Bethel Bible Seminary (BBS) in May 2012 to equip Christian leaders in Urban Ministry with a focus on Hong Kong, China and Asia. The Centre is named after Dr. Ray J Bakke who is also the founder of Bakke Graduate University (BGU) and widely recognized as the pioneer in Urban Ministry. Dr. Ray Bakke is currently a Professor at the Centre.
- We equip and strengthen leaders to evangelize and minister effectively in the cities by means of contextual, Christian based education innovatively delivered throughout the urban world, with a focus on Hong Kong, China and Asia.
- We commit to be a lifelong partner to these leaders, advancing and serving them with on-going support like teaching, research, consultation, networking and collaboration opportunities to carry out city transformation projects.
- Emerging and Experienced Transformational Leaders
- The Whole Church Taking the Whole Gospel to the Whole World
- The City is Our Laboratory
- Life Long Learning and Equipping
Prof. Ray Bakke, Prof. Paul Stevens, Prof. Natalie Chan, Dr Otto Lui, Prof. Richard Higginson, Dr Philip Tang, Dr Chi Heng Kee, Dr Ricky Szeto, Dr Kim Kwong Chan and other professors and lecturers at Bethel Bible Seminary.
Advisory Panel(Alphabetical order)
Ray Bakke, Kara Chan, Yim Kwong Chan, Richard Higginson, Harry Hui, Chung Ming Lau, Lung Kwong Lo, Chung Man Ng, R Paul Stevens, See Hong Wong, Tit Shing Wong, Tat Sum Yu
Ricky Szeto (Chairman), Natalie Chan (Director of RBC), Philip Tang, Daniel Or, Chi Hing Kee and Stephen Wong, James Chan Chi Chung
Bethel Bible Seminary is a member of the Transnational Association of Christian Colleges and Schools (TRACS) [15935 Forest Road, Forest, VA 24551; Telephone: (434) 525-9539; e-mail: [email protected]], having been awarded Accredited Status as a Category IV institution by the TRACS Accreditation Commission on April 21, 2015. This status is effective for a period of up to five years. TRACS is recognized by the United States Department of Education, the Council for Higher Education Accreditation and the International Network for Quality Assurance Agencies in Higher Education (INQAAHE).
Knowing the financial challenges for some who work in churches, ministries or NGOs, financial assistance will be made available depending on individual circumstances. Please contact the Centre directly for any further inquiry.